Host Sherrilynne Starkie is taking a holiday break from interviews for the 50 Women Over 50 podcast, and instead has prepared a little Christmas Cracker prize—2022’s top 10 books for women over 50 as recommended by podcast guests. Here they are:
- You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth by Jen Sincero was recommended by professional photographer Anna Epp in Episode 1.
- Dare to Lead: Brave Work. Tough Conversations. Whole Hearts. By Brené Brown as recommended by Certified Health and Nutrition Coach Dyna Vynk in Episode 2.
- Falling Upward: A Spirituality for the Two Halves of Life by Richard Rohr. Organizational Design Consultant and Executive Coach Mary Daly recommended this in Episode 3.
- In Episode 5, award winning Author and Media Personality Kathy Buckworth recommended Navigating the Messy Middle: A Fiercely Honest and Wildly Encouraging Guide for Midlife Women by Ann Douglas.
- In Episode 6, Ottawa Floral Designer and owner of Rebel Petal, Michelle VandenBosch recommended The Rainbow Comes and Goes: A Mother and Son of Life, Love and Loss by Anderson Cooper.
- Lawrence Hill’s Beatrice and Croc Hairy was suggested by Industrial Psychologist Dr. Helen Ofosu PhD., in Episode 7.
- Julie Cole, author and co-founder of Mabel’s Labels gave a shout out to Author Julie Ellis’s Big Gorgeous Goals in Episode 8.
- Canada’s Money Coach Judith Cane recommended Nosy Parker by Leslie Crew in Episode 9.
- Maybe I Don’t Belong Here by David Harewood was chosen in Episode 10 by Hilary Seabrook, a professional saxophonist and podcaster.
- In episode 11, Financial counsellor Pamela George recommended Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear.
As 2022 draws to a close, I want to thank all my guests and listeners for supporting this project. I’ve done 12 interviews so far and hope that by September 2023 I’ll have completed all my interviews with 50 Women Over 50. I’ve learned so much already and I look forward to the season ahead.
I wish everyone all the best for a happy and prosperous New Year.
About the 50 Women Over 50 Podcast:
Sherrilynne Starkie started this show as a creative project with the goal of interviewing 50 women past their 50th birthday to learn how they see the world, what lessons they’ve learned and what advice they have for us all. She’s been blogging and podcasting for 18+ years as part of a successful marketing and communications career and looks forward to learning from the women she will interview.
Subscribe to 50 Women Over 50 wherever you get your podcasts and please share a link to the show with your friends.