I am committed to ethical communications. As a member of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) I am governed by its Code of Ethics.
- I am honest—my actions bring respect for and trust in the communication profession.
- I communicate accurate information and promptly correct any errors.
- I obey laws and public policies; if I violate any law or public policy, I act promptly to correct the situation.
- I protect confidential information while acting within the law.
- I support the ideals of free speech, freedom of assembly, and access to an open marketplace of ideas.
- I am sensitive to others’ cultural values and beliefs.
- I give credit to others for their work and cite my sources.
- I do not use confidential information for personal benefit.
- I do not represent conflicting or competing interests without full disclosure and the written consent of those involved.
- I do not accept undisclosed gifts or payments for professional services from anyone other than a client or employer.
- I do not guarantee results that are beyond my power to deliver.
Ethics in marketing, PR and other communications disciplines have always been important, but today they seem more so. If you’d like to learn more about ethical communications or about IABC’s leadership please contact me to set up a call.