Another week flies by; another top 5 list. Happy Labour Day Weekend to our American and Canadian colleagues. The rest of you, keep on striving!
1. Susan Getgood’s Marketing Roadmaps has a good debate a about the use of derogatory slang when referring to a female. I hate the fact that we must keep debating the gender in our profession, but sometimes it’s necessary.
2. Mike Driehorst explains why he’s not into blogging for the money.
3. On theBivingsreport, Todd Zeigler provides guidance to newspaper publishers on improving their websites. I’ve already pushed it to a few of my media friends.
4. Todd Defren at PRsquared starts a debate about accreditation could stifle the PR industry’s future. He and Kami Huyse are duking it out over the issue. My view lies somewhere in the middle. Perhaps accreditation can bridge the gap for thinkers and doers to become all rounders?
5. Only in Canada you say? I couldn’t help but giggle at the BBC Online story about the Canadian pilot who got locked out of the cockpit while in flight…he had to break the door down to get back in! Can you imagine the passengers sitting there watching events unfold? You gotta love Air Canada!
That’s my list for Labour Day. What have all you Strivers been reading?