Twitter is launching a new takeover ad product, Promoted Trend Spotlight. This placement places video content on the Explore tab which is Twitter’s collection of trending topics and hashtags. It’s where people go to see what’s happening, making it a prime location for advertisers.
The new ad is now available only in the United States, UK and Japan, but will soon be coming to Canada.
- six-second videos and GIFs, as well as static images. Creative displays on mobile and desktop, with the ad running edge-to-edge on mobile.
- appearing at the top of the Explore tab for the first two visits per person, per day.
- then placement moves to the standard Promoted Trends placement
How it works:
- Captures attention with immersive, full-width creative.
- Differentiates the brand by appearing next to highly-curated editorial content.
- Surfaces conversation by tying together the prominent placement and expansive coverage atop Twitter’s Explore tab.
Will you use Twitter’s Promoted Trend Spotlight ads?