Each week I scan the hundreds of industry websites to keep abreast of the news. Here’s this week’s list of the most important, must-know social media news featuring LinkedIn, World Emoji Day, Instagram Sales and Instagram anti-bullying.
- LinkedIn is adding three new advertising features plus an optimized click pricing option. Now there’s brand awareness campaigns which charge by impressions, enhanced conversion tracking capabilities and ads for LinkedIn Talent Solutions customers.
2. It’s time to celebrate World Emoji Day. You can look forward to 65 new emoji that Google is releasing with Android Q later this year.
3. How to Sell More Products on Instagram:
- Attract the right audience
- Use shoppable tags
- Use the swipe up CTA
- Announce discounts with branded graphics
4. At a time when social media platforms are being blamed for a great deal of problems — and are under pressure from governments to demonstrate they can police themselves — Instagram has declared war on bullying. “We are in a pivotal moment,” says Head of Instagram Adam Mosseri. “We want to lead the industry in this fight.”