It’s that time of year again..time to look back over the past 12 months then to look ahead to the next year. Here’s a summary of this blog’s most popular posts of 2011.
10 . The UK’s top 25 tech PRs on Twitter — This post summarizes tech journalist Jack Scholfields list of the top 25 tech PRs in the UK. I wonder if he knows I’ve left yet?
9. Map your Linked In contacts — This a cool tool to visualize your professional networks to gain a better understanding of where its strengths are and where weakenesses lie.
8. 12 Most hated PR phrases — Find out the difference between digital natives and grey beards with this handy jargon buster.
7. Measuring influence online — This post takes a look at a bunch of free tools the help in understanding people’s influence online.
6. Isle of Man’s Twitter top 20 — I’m not doing this monthly ranking reports anymore, but this post still attracts readers who want to know who’s who on Twitter in the Isle of Man.
5. Ottawa’s Twitter top 20 — This monthly ranking is always popular and figures in the top posts each month. October’s got a lot of traffic
4. Five ways towards Twitter success — Some top tips on gaining traction on Twitter.
2. Facebook’s secret groups — This post looks at a real life experiment using Facebook secret groups for a corporate client.
AND FINALLY…THE NUMBER ONE MOST POPULAR POST OF 2011 is….
1. Gartner’s 2010 hype cycle social software. — Another example of the long-tail effect is this 2010 post covers the technology analyst report on the most important technologies that enable and support social interactions.
- Bloggers are more influential than celebrities
- Happy 5th blog birthday to me!
- Blocking competitors on Twitter
- Introducing Social Analytics in SEOmoz PRO (seomoz.org)
- 2011 Recap – Garious Most Popular Posts For Your Reading Pleasure (garious.com)
- Top 2011 Blog Promotion Tips (pushingsocial.com)