My life is pretty much an open book, so when Leo tagged me on the seven things meme, I was a bit apprehensive. Can I even think of seven things that people don’t know about me? Here’s my best try.
1. When I was a teenager Patty T. and I climbed the fence at the local diving pool to go skinny dipping. Only problem was while we where in the pool a bunch of boys came and sat on the steps opposite and it was impossible for us to get out without being seen. After about an hour I decided to go for it. Jumped out, ran to the fence and leaped over…in all my glory. Landed on a piece of glass and cut my foot for seven stitches. Pulled my dress over my head just in time to see my Dad come jogging around the corner. Phew!
2. I stopped baking in September 1985 and haven’t picked up a pan since. I’d baked two dozen cookies and ate 22 right out of the oven. Saved two for the baby, at least. That was the end of baking for me.
3. I got all the Brownie badges. All of them. Every one that was in the handbook. I especially enjoyed earning the reading and writing ones.
4. When I dream of my childhood I’m at my Grandma’s cottage in Dunrobin, Ontario. I’m usually playing by myself along the water’s edge in the sunshine or landing a big catfish with a bamboo fishing pole. Gawd, I loved that place.
5. I’m not a natural redhead (ok maybe you already new that, but I’m starting to struggle now).
6. I hope to one day drive around the perimeter of Australia in a luxury camper (of course).
7. I don’t suffer fools gladly (ok maybe you already know that too, but I think it’s wise to clarify). I’m actually pretty ok and tolerant of most people, as long as you aren’t a flimflammer, BSer, ego maniac, liar, etc. You get the drift. Then I’ll call you out, without hesitation. I admire honesty, transparency and usually take people at face value. Is that so bad?
- Link your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post.
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post.
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged.
Here are my seven names: