Which social network would you quit?
If you had to quit one social network, which would it be? This is my most-answered Facebook question ever posed with 57 people taking the time to register a vote.
- Unfortunately for Pinterest, the newest platform of all is the one that folks say they would quit first, with 22 people singling it out.
- Next comes the much-maligned Google+ with 14 people willing to leave it in the dust.
- Perhaps surprising, Facebook! Six people would leave the most popular of social networks.
- Five would kick Twitter to the curb.
- Four would shirk LinkedIn.
- Three would leave Path, (I quit it myself several weeks ago).
- Three said none. (Two specified that’s because they are very selective about ones they join in the first place.)
One commenter asked if ‘quitting church’ counts.
Perhaps it’s not surprising that Pinterest tops the list; it’s the newest of the lot and most people are not heavily invested in it yet. Google+ too is understandable. It can be pretty lonely there with little activity or real engagement.
The fact that Facebook users named it so often is a bit of a shock. But as one commenter said, she can’t stand the stuff that people write.
LinkedIn and Path received honourable mentions too. Many people fail to find value in participating in these two networks.
It’s heartwarming that a few people couldn’t bring themselves to leave any network, but none shouldn’t be the answer when choosing at least one was the object of the exercise.