What a difference a month makes! October sees significant change to the Twitter Popularity side of the table as many long-time residents have slipped off the charts completely. That makes room for newcomers @facingthestreet, @nicnanos, @peggymccoll, @atifmizaemax, @stphnmaher and @ryanishype. Congrats to you all.
However none of these newcomers have made the grade when it comes to Twitter influence. So I ask you, what’s more important on Twitter. Popularity? Influence?
My answer to this question is probably neither. What’s really important about participating on Twitter is the value each person derives from it. That might mean getting your daily news; it could be finding new friends that live in your street. The benefits are as numerous as users.
Let’s review some of the facts about my monthly Top 20 lists:
- You must be listed on Twitter Grader to be included
- You must be a person (not a company or a brand).
- All the Twitter Grader names included score a perfect 100.
- The influence ranking is flawed. It’s fundamentally based on the Grader table, but if you score less than 100 there, I can’t see you to include you on the TweetLevel table. So if you believe you should be included please leave me a note in the comments and I’ll be sure to include you next month.
|Twitter Popularity (Grader)||Twitter Influence (TweetLevel)|
- September 2011: Ottawa’s Twitter top 20
- August 2011: Ottawa’s Twitter top 20
- July 2011: Ottawa’s Twitter top 20