A few years ago I had the very good fortune to work with Susan Getgood, a true internet marketing innovator. America was in the thoes of the dotcom boom and Susan was working hard to educate people about the importance of managing internet risks at home, at work, in schools…everywhere; I was lucky enough to be part of her team.
Since that time, Susan’s become a recognised leader in social media marketing. Her blog, Marketing Roadmaps is a popular resource for marketers and she’s a co-founder of Blog with Integrity, an independent, informational resource to promote the principles ethical blogging.
Now’s she’s written Professional blogging for dummies, a how-to guide on making money with a blog. The book is full of helpful examples and featured articles with topic experts and bloggers who have built successful business demonstrate how to promote a business or build a blog-based business. The book:
- discusses finding a niche, adhering to legal considerations, establishing disclosure and privacy policies, and dealing responsibly with review requests
- introduces ideas for advertising and other monetisation options and recommends promotional avenues to explore
- suggests creative ways to keep a blog fresh, unique, and interesting
- provides tips for monitoring and measuring your success
The book’s not yet available in the UK so I’ve not actually read it yet. But once I get my hands on it, I’ll do a full review.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Social Media Book List: #DIVERSITYtweet and Blogging All in One for Dummies (successful-blog.com)
- Disclosing Sponsorship on Twitter: It’s Not That Hard! Really! (blogher.com)