UPDATE: 18 MARCH 2010:
THIS WORKSHOP IS SOLD RIGHT OUT! WATCH THIS SPACE FOR FUTURE SOCIAL MEDIA TRAINING EVENTS
Mark your calendar! I’m running a ‘Getting to grips with social media’ workshop on 30 March 2010. Last November’s event proved very popular. It was sold right out and I’ve had several enquiries about running another one. Here’s the deal:
Getting to Grips with Social Media
- how the social Internet is changing how humans and organisations communicate and interact.
- about the various social networks, tools and platforms
- about blogging and the democratisation of information
- policies and best practices in social media
- strategies and tips to get your organisation involved
Workshops include case studies on local, UK and international organisations.
- where social media fits into your organisation
- what social networks can (and can’t) achieve
- the risks and benefits of the social Internet
- the art of online conversation
Leave with a good grounding in how the social Internet works, the tools of the trade, and some ideas on how to get started.
The workshop will be held 9.00 to 13.00, 30 March 2010 in Douglas, Isle of Man. The venue is to be confirmed. The cost is £75 per person and includes coffee, tea and nibbles. Becasue the workshops are interactive, space is limited so book early to avoid disappointment. Email workshops(at)sherrilynnestarkie.com or Twitter @sherrilynne.
Here’s a video from the Q&A at November’s workshop: